General Information for Papers and Scientific Notes
Submit your abstract here – deadline for submission July 9, 2021
Changes in manuscript fees and other editorial due dates – approved by FSHS Board of Directors – March 2021
Page charges: for 2021 and beyond
- Scientific Note – $75
- Full papers – $75 per page
An abstract fee of $75 will be charged on submission of all abstracts. This fee will be deducted from the final invoice for manuscript fees for papers submitted for publication in the 2021 FSHS Proceedings.
- When your abstract has been submitted, you will receive an invoice for the abstract fee (along with payment instructions). Your paper will not be included in the meeting program until payment has been made.
- The fee will be deducted from the final invoice for manuscript fees for papers submitted for publication in the FHSH Proceedings.
- Authors submitting papers to the ASHS journals for publication will receive a refund of their abstract fee if their paper has been accepted for publication before the FSHS Proceeds are ready to be published in the spring of 2022.
General Information for All Papers and Scientific Notes
Please use the following conventions when preparing your paper or scientific note:
- Use a filename that corresponds to your paper number (Section-paper #) plus your last name.
- Use Times New Roman 12 pt, double or 1.5 spacing between lines
- Do not use line numbering
- Place all tables and figures at the very end of the document or in one or more separate files with the same filename as your paper (V-35 Lamberts Tables; V-35 Lamberts Fig 1; V-35 Lamberts Fig 2, etc.). Make sure words, numbers, etc in figures are large enough to read easily.
- Consult the “FSHS Specific Examples of Citations” for the correct formatting of the Literature Cited.
- Before submitting your manuscript, please check to make sure that (a) all references cited in the paper have a complete citation in the Literature Cited and (b) all references listed in the Literature Cited are actually cited in the paper.
- Email your completed paper to the Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy the sectional vice president for your section.