The FSHS recently appointed a new newsletter editor! Her name is Tatiana Sanchez, who’s currently the Commercial Horticulture Extension Agent at the UF/IFAS Extension Office in Alachua County. Tatiana earned her Bachelor’s degree in Biology in Bogota, Colombia, where she is from originally. Upon graduation, she worked on the evaluation of biological and synthetic products in the control of fungal diseases affecting cut flower production of main export products like marigolds, rose and carnation.
The Florida State Horticultural Society announces its brand new website, completely reimagined from the ground up to provide better services and support for our members and the horticultural community. Our new website, located at fshs.org, includes a new member management platform about which we’re especially excited. Current members should have already received an e-mail with instructions concerning their new username and password.
We’ve provided a brand new look, and made it easier to find our products and services. The new website brings:
- Web technology that is up-to-date with current Internet standards
- Faster, better member communication
- Job and resume posting services
- Integration with social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter
- Easy-to-navigate resources, such as our annual proceedings dating back to 1888
- Improved search capabilities
- On-the-fly compatibility with mobile devices
- Website subscriptions
Our new site is the result of our FSHS staff and board working closely with the designers every step of the way to ensure that the needs of the organization and its members are met.
The Florida State Horticultural Society is one of the oldest horticultural societies in the United States, established in 1888, consisting of horticultural and agricultural industry professionals, Master Gardeners, researchers and Extension faculty, students, and gardening enthusiasts. The society:
- Keeps you abreast of important advances in Florida horticulture
- Provides resources to connect employers and talented job seekers
- Provides a wide variety of information presented at the annual meeting
- Publishes the annual Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society
- Publishes regular FSHS newsletters with feature articles, botany facts, places of interest, events, and more
Feel free to contact us with your comments and questions, including your ideas about how the site is working for you. We hope you enjoy our new site, and we all hope it’ll be a great way for us to keep in better touch with each other!
FSHS Staff and Board